Learn how to maximize the use of mobile devices, make the most of the latest online tools for collaboration and communications, and fully utilize today’s Internet capabilities with DISCOVERING COMPUTERS.
DISCOVERING COMPUTERS 2016
Authors: Misty E. Vermaat, Susan L. Sebok, Steven M. Freund, Jennifer T. Campbell, Mark Frydenberg
Publisher: Course Technology (2015)
ISBN-10: 1305391853 | ISBN-13: 9781305391857
Format: PDF (828 Pages, 131MB)
This book clearly shows you how technology skills can assist you in gaining employment or advancing your career. Discover and practice using the most recent developments in computer tools and technology with this book’s wide variety of practice and reinforcement opportunities. Each chapter begins with a self-assessment that enables you to target your study to learn more in less time! DISCOVERING COMPUTERS offers the content you need to succeed in a way that ensures your understanding and success.
DISCOVERING COMPUTERS 2016 TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introducing Today’s Technologies: Computers, Devices, and the Web.
2. Connecting And Communicating Online: The Internet, Websites, and Media.
3. Computers And Mobile Devices: Evaluating Options for Home and Work.
4. Programs And Apps: Productivity, Graphics, Security, and Other Tools.
5. Digital Security, Ethics, And Privacy: Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
Feature: Technology Timeline.
6. Computing Components: Processors, Memory, the Cloud, and More.
7. Input And Output: Extending Capabilities of Computers and Mobile Devices.
8. Digital Storage: Preserving Content Locally and in the Cloud.
9. Operating Systems: Managing, Coordinating, and Monitoring Resources.
10. Communicating Digital Content: Wired and Wireless Networks and Devices.
11. Building Solutions: Database, System, and Application Development Tools.
12. Working In The Enterprise: Systems, Certifications, and Careers.
Appendix A: Acronym Reference.
Appendix B: Troubleshooting Computer and Mobile Device Problems.
DOWNLOAD E-BOOK/SLIDES DISCOVERING COMPUTERS 2016